Hi everybody! My post today forms part two of the BYW ecourse homework for the week. I haven't created a post like this before so I did find it to be a small challenge. From the list of 10 post ideas I chose to "Document parts of my day" but I was worried about thinking about this too much and 'creating' opportunities for great images. So I set myself a few rules.
I had to take 12 photo's from 7.30am using my iphone on the hour. I had to take a photo of what was in front of me, behind me, or to the side. I wasn't allowed to move from my space unless I had to grab the phone to take the photo...in which case this was the case for most photo's as I don't 'carry' my phone on me.
So this is what I did today from 7.30am to 6.30pm.
2. 8.30am: Will today will be mostly an 'inside' or 'outside' kind of day?
3. 9.30am: Finished the dishes
4. 10.30am: Made a fruit and puffed rice slice ( with icing from the Feeding Fussy Kids book)
5. 11.30am: Morning tea with a cuppa and some slice (which wasn't set...but I'm not good at waiting!)
6. 12.30pm: Playing alongside Ben - he was making lunch
8. 2.30pm: How many dishcloths I can get out of this reel of sunny yellow cotton yarn?
9. 3.30pm: Cooked pumpkin from here for tea - Pumkin and Ricotta Canelloni
10. 4.30pm: Finished off some damp towels using Tumblemonkey dryer balls
11. 5.30pm: A quick fiddle with my new Facebook page while tea was cooking
12. 6.30pm: Warming my toosh by the fire
So there it is. My day in 12 images.
If I decide to document my day again I won't do it this way, I will just share what I'm doing as the day unfolds. I was feeling annoyed towards the end of the day taking pics when reminded and I prefer the spontaneity of an image that isn't structured. I wasn't always happy to show you what was infront of me too. Especially the Coles image. But the reality of it is that I do go to Coles for some things. Showing you my life outside the frame of my normal photos was a challenge but overall I like the personal aspects of sharing the good and the bad. I like blogging like this...it's honest. I'll just approach it differently next time.
Have you ever tried this before? Have you ever documented your day to see how your hours have been spent or shared photo's that you normally wouldn't?
Thanks for visiting and reading my 'homework'. I am back to regular blogging this week...unless of course Holly challenges me again!