I almost forgot to post my muffin recipe here this week. Here it is, my favourite recipe that never gets made the same way twice. It is only limited by your imagination!
1 1/2 cups of Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of sugar (This varies depending on other ingredients)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (I use rice bran or olive oil and sometimes only use closer to a 1/4 cup)
1 cup of milk (soy works well too) or make it up to a cup using some raw yogurt
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and milk.
- Add any other ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are just combined.
- Fill 12 hole muffin pan 2/3 full. I like to use paper cases as my pan is a real pain to clean.
- Bake at 180 degrees in pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Eat warm, cold or freeze and use within 3 months.
To this base add one of these variations or come up with your own combinations:
- 1/4 cup sugar & 1 cup of blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar & 3/4 cup choc chips
- 1/4 cup sugar & 3/4 cup of dried fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar & 3/4 cup of fruit and nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar & 1 small banana or grated raw apple
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese PLUS herbs, cooked bacon, seeds (carraway or fennel), sundried tomoatoes or something savoury. No sugar.
I often make these using wholemeal flour and sometimes add oatbran, oats, wheatgerm or whatever I have on hand. You can make them as healthy or naughty as you like.
Thanks for visiting,